I did a few things at Saturday's Tri the Parks John Tanner #2 sprint triathlon that I would like to do over. There weren't many errors but my race just wasn't as smooth as I would have liked it to be.
1) I didn't put my race number on my helmet. I didn't see it in my bag and frankly didn't take the time to look for it. This didn't affect my time but could hamper the efforts of the race organizers to do whatever they do.
2) My bike computer didn't work. I later found out that a last minute adjustment to my sensor screwed it up.
3) I didn't scout out the transition area and subsequently lost my bike for almost a minute in T1. Bad!
4) I didn't prepare for the bike dismount and ran in my bike shoes to T2. I should have removed my feet from my shoes 200 feet out and ran in my socked feet. It's faster and I'd have better footing.
5) I took off on the run without pulling my shoe laces tight. Not a big deal but I eventually had to stop and pull them tight.
Overall, I can't complain. I did well in each segment of the triathlon. It was just my transitions that suffered.
You can bet that I won't make the same mistakes at Tugaloo later this month.
Thanks for reading.