The 2xhome wall mount is described on Amazon as:
I watched several YouTube videos to refresh my memory about the installation process before I started the project. My goal was to remove a TV cabinet, gain some floor space, and hide any cable box wires.
2xhome - TV Wall Mount with Shelf Up to 85 inches tv Floating Shelf with Strengthened Tempered Glass for DVD Players/Cable Boxes/Games Consoles/TV Accessories, 2 Shelf, Black
- Universal tv wall mount fits most 30-85"; displays up to 176 Lbs.
- Premium Knobs design - Security locking the view of positions. Easy to use(IKEA style) full instruction manual; FREE basic hardware included
- Tilt function up & down 15 degree, only 2.5 inches from wall for a sleek installation
- VESA Compliant: 200mm x 200mm, 400mm x 400mm , 600mm x 400mm, 700mm x 450mm, 718mm x 450mm
- 2 glass aluminium shelf is designed to fit under your display and provide an on wall solution for other components such as cable boxes, DVD players, game consoles, and stereo components
|Before picture of TV and cabinet|
|TV mount and shelf boxes|
|TV mount packing|
|Power run from outlet below|
|Satellite TV cable from the basement|
|Cable and power box|
|Mount, cable and power installed|
|Shelf in box|
|Shelf cable route access tabs|
|A close-up of the mess behind the TV|
|The finished product|
The 2xhome mount was noticeably less well constructed than the Costco unit. The metal was thinner and the hardware is less well thought-out. The 2xhome unit is rated for a TV that is "30-85"; displays up to 176 Lbs". I would never use this mount for a TV heavier than mine. The hangers seem just too light weight. The installation took me 4 days and 3 trips to the hardware store. I have lots of tools. The items I didn't have were the ones for running the cables inside the wall, the smaller wall anchors, a drywall saw, and the 90-degree drill adapter. It took me 4 days because I only worked on it a few hours each day before going to work.
In summary, the 2xhome wall mount did what I need it to do. I'll probable feel better about it when it's holding a newer/lighter TV.
Thanks for reading
Update (11/1/16): For a second TV I used a different wall mount. This time I went with the Mount-It! Universal Flat/Tilt Mount for 40-70 Inch Panel LED,LCD, PLASMA TVs (Samsung, Vizio, Sony, LG, Toshiba) for my Sharp Aquos 60" TV. This unit has no shelf but does have a bubble level attached to the wall bracket. The price was $33.99 for the 42" to 70" model.
|Mount-It! 42" to 70" wall bracket installed|